Are you looking for the best shoulder impingement treatment in Hyderabad then consult the best doctor :
Shoulder is made up of many joints, tendons and muscles which make a great range of motion possible in the arm. Rotator cuff is one of the most common sources of shoulder pain. This pain may be a result of:
- Tendinitis – when rotator cuff tendons are damaged
- Bursitis – When the lubricating sac located between rotator cuff and bone on top of the shoulder becomes inflamed, it causes severe pain
Impingement – When one raises the hand to shoulder level, the bone on top of the shoulder can rub against tendons or bursa and cause pain.
Rotator cuff pain may occur in young sports persons, especially ones who are into swimming, baseball and tennis are vulnerable. shoulder impingement may also occur in middle-aged people, sometimes with no apparent reason.
- Minor pain during activity and also when at rest
- Pain radiating from the front of the shoulder to the side of the arm
- Sudden pain when one tries to lift objects
- Sports persons, especially ones in overhead sports may have pain when throwing a tennis ball
Now that you got to know the symptoms of shoulder impingement then consult the best surgeon in Hyderabad.
As the problem progresses, the symptoms increase:
- Pain during the night
- Restricted range of motion and loss of strength
- Difficulty doing daily activities such as buttoning
Medical History and Physical Examination
The doctor will examine the shoulder to check if the area is tender and measure the range of motion. The doctor will also check the strength of the arm
- X RAYS
Treatment is planned based on your age, activity level and health otherwise.
There are surgical and non surgical procedures for shoulder impingement treatment which are as follows:
Nonsurgical Treatment Methods:
- The doctor generally suggests rest and activity modification
- Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Medicines
- Steroid Injections
Surgery may be recommended when nonsurgical methods do not relieve the patient’s pain. The main purpose of surgery is to remove the inflamed portion of bursa. The surgical procedure is known as acromioplasty and may be performed through arthroscopic or key hole procedure or an open surgical technique
To ensure early healing the arm may be placed in a sling for a certain period of time after shoulder impingement surgery. Complete pain relief generally takes from 2 to 4 four months, sometimes upto a year.